Thursday, 20 February 2014

1st day of Support Team Module

5th February 2014

“We are victims of forms” as quoted by our trainer.  It is true. I agree hundred percent.  Everywhere we go, whatever we do, we are always required to fill in certain forms to qualify for a certain criteria.  As good citizens, we have always attempted to abide by the rules & regulations so as not to get ourselves into any kind of problems.  To our understanding, with penning down our particulars, things will be a lot easier for a follow-up.  I hope my elaboration on this make some sense.  Anyway, I still believe that with orders & control an objective can smoothly be achieved.

I was exhilarated upon refreshing my teaching days on the mind-mapping technique of learning.  Although the memory of it was more than ten years ago, image of the late Mr. Mansur Sukaimi partaking samples of mind-maps to us has been a great honor.  I can never forget the adventure he took us into letting our fingers flow, letting our minds free to create an effective mind-map.  The production of mind-map creates understanding of the topic we are touching on.  Therefore, usage of mind-mapping will remain relevant for a very long time. 

Cracking our heads for a mere ten to fifteen minutes has gotten us produced a tree-image mind-map.  It was not judged on appearance but to promote awareness of the topics we need to cover for this module.  Anita, Sulimah and I have been in the same group since the first module (Develop Self) & we collaborated well in any assignments given.  We supported one another & enthusiastically contributed in decision making.  Remarkably, we have already projected our support as a team in building leadership qualities within ourselves.

We were given some insight into the overall topics through concept of mind-mapping.  Understood now that what we learn in ‘Develop Self’ was to realize the Competency Element:  Performance Criteria (What you must be able to do) & Underpinning Knowledge (What you need to know in order to perform).  As a working adult, I perceive clearly that I am required to equip myself potentially with the relevant knowledge in order to achieve a favorable working condition among team members. 

I thrive to grasp well the topics on Support Team.  An overview of this module displayed that there are a total of three main components namely:  Conduct Team Planning Activities, Demonstrate Organizational Values & Build Support and Commitment within the team.  In this module, we acquire clarity on our Vision (Where you are heading/Farsighted) & our Mission (Milestones/Achievements) as well as our Core Values.

Can I climb up the ladder of success?  Can I impart the skills I mastered from this course towards the benefit of my company?  Can I practically apply my knowledge towards establishing well-balanced family life?  Yes I certainly can.  If God permits.  I am very happy, overjoyed, thankful that I get to sit with a group of friends studying, hunger for knowledge.  Thank you God, thank you teacher, thank you friends...



No comments:

Post a Comment