Monday, 24 February 2014

2nd day of Support Team Module

6th February 2014

Reflecting on "Why is this important to me personally?  Why is it so to me as a working adult?"  It is my own views not other's.  This is where I know that I will not be pinned down to voice out my thoughts.  I want to bring myself to internalise what I received from the guidance of Sir Jamali Natijol.  It suddenly became so clear that I was moved to understand the incredible methodology of this module.  

My company is a large organisation with more than 200 employees.  Coordinating in housekeeping department at Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel has heightened my level of confidence.  I was given the flexibility of working hours, which accommodated me in the company pretty much longer than I expected.  With flexibility, I gained empowerment and am accountable for the duties at hand.  In my own personal space at work I am entitled to decision making.  I persevere to take charge in my responsibilities and deliver the best to my abilities.

I am not a manager but my job requires me to lead the staffs in a certain way.  I am bewildered to establish good rapport with peers.  My networking are wide, varying from internal & external sources.  I take pride in whatever I do.  I simply love to be motivated & motivate others around me as well.

Therefore, one need not have to be a manager to be a leader.  Through rational and emotional attributes, a leader should have the ability to touch the feelings of others by inspiring them to find purpose & courage.  We need to diversify our skills.  To embrace the differences among us.  After all, we are all human.

No comments:

Post a Comment