Tuesday, 25 February 2014

4th day of Support Team Module

13th February 2014

IQ secure you a job, EQ ensure you promotion.  I realised the spontaneous effect of human nature to react according to the function of the brain.  If what Mr Jamali said was true, being a person more towards EQ, one day I will just get a promotion.  I believe that is possible provided I work hard & work smart.

A leader should have spirit of 'cameraderie' within herself.  To leverage, take advantage of others trends to be better & learn from them.  A good leader shouldn't be vulnerable in front of her team members.  Be the change that you want. 

When you see weaknesses in a person, coaching is possible.  Coaching is a skill with very limited knowledge.  When you are a mentor, your mentee will tend to emulate you.  When you idolize someone, you may know the person but the person you idolize do not even know you.   

I found out about the 'Sandwich Technique'.  To have feedback with someone pertaining certain issue which needs to be resolved; the first step is to start with good points; secondly is to touch on areas of improvement; finally finish-off with good points.  This method is useful because it helps to massage a person's ego.  Another name for this method is 'SOI Technique'.  Firstly look into 'Situation' and discuss.  Then touch on 'Observation', how reliable the person having feedback.  Lastly, on 'Improvement'.


No comments:

Post a Comment