Tuesday, 25 February 2014

3rd day of Support Team Module

12th February 2014

"Structure provides ease of control..."  I agree.  I don't have to look far, Singapore is an exemplary of a structured government.  We are very fortunate to have peace & stability in our country.  Having a family involves structure.  Likewise at workplace, structure promotes efficiency.  

I learned about the structure of project team.  Traditional / functional teams are stable & consistent over a period of time, Project teams are for specific tasks or projects, Cross-functional teams are created to make changes or improvements to process within the organisation & it involves members from different traditional teams.

Operational plans operate in the delegation of tasks.  Roles & responsibilities and Work Breakdowns contributes to fairness in distribution of jobs.  Delegation is to avoid over-loading of jobs to team members.  Competency matrix & RASCI table are necessary to review competency of individuals & determine roles & responsibilities for each team members.  

I captured the fact that for Hygiene factors, the presence may not be motivating, but the absence may lead to complaints.  My work may seem simple to others & for that it seems nothing much, but a moment of carelessness or fail to comply may lead to long-winded interrogation by my boss.


No comments:

Post a Comment